Anyone can write something down, publish it and call it an article. But is this enough? What does it say about your business? Your content represents your business. It speaks loudly about your values and how you treat your viewers.
Content is one of the most important things you can do for your business. So let’s go over the rules for article writing that will bring your business the success it deserves.
If you’d like to know where I learned all these things when starting my online business, please CLICK HERE.
- 1 9 Awesome Rules For Article Writing
- 2 Follow Up to Article Writing
9 Awesome Rules For Article Writing
There are rules to write articles online, that only makes sense, right? What I mean is that there is a formula for the perfect article, and though this formula may be tweaked from time to time, the general idea is still there.
The focus of your article is to:
- Rank on Google. If you don’t rank, your readers won’t find you.
- Keep your readers attention.
- Provide valuable information that is beneficial to your reader.
- Encourage your reader to respond to your “Call to Action”. This could be anything from signing up to your email list, to making a sale.
This is my technique, or rather my formula, that I use to write my articles and posts.
#1. Start With Keyword Research
This is how you are ranked well in the search engines. Finding low competition keywords is how your viewers will find you quickly and easily.
If you don’t have access to a research tool yet, take a look at what I use. It’s powerful and effective.
Do not stuff your article with keywords. At one time, Google liked this, but since all the algorithm changes, they now see this as spamming. Instead, place them strategically.
- In the title (H1 heading).
- In your first paragraph.
- In one of your H2 to H6 headers tags (subheadings).
- In the alt tags of your images, but only where it makes sense.
- In the meta description.